To order your FREE Fall Risk Management Starter Kit
call (866) 712-STEP (7837)
Falls are the leading cause of injury leading to death among older adult1. Fall-related hip fractures account for approximately 25% of injuries leading to death among those over age 65, and 34% among those 85 or older2. Fall related injuries occur more commonly than strokes and are the most preventable cause of nursing home placement3.
- Fall Risk & The Moore Balance Brace – Part 1: Introduction
- Fall Risk & The Moore Balance Brace – Part 2: Patient Assessment & Casting
- Fall Risk & The Moore Balance Brace – Part 3: Incorporating a Fall Risk Management Protocol Into Your Practice
- Fall Risk & The Moore Balance Brace – Part 4: How to Market a Fall Risk Management Protocol
- Casting Video
- Fall Risk Assessment
- MBB Order Form
- MBB Medicare Compliance Documentation
- Morse Falls Scale Assessment for Long Term Care Facilities
1. Stevens JA, Corso PS, Finkelstein EA, Miller TR. The costs of fatal and nonfatal falls among older adults. Injury Prevention 2006b;12:290–5.
2. Peek-Asa C, Zwerling C. Role of environmental interventions in injury control and prevention. Epidemiol Rev. 25:77-89, 2003.
3. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Incidence and costs to Medicare of fractures among Medicare beneficiaries aged > 65 years—United States, July 1991–June 1992.
*If SafeStep creates customized documentation forms required of the Supplier and you fail a Medicare audit due to insufficient documentation and exhaust all appeals, SafeStep will reimburse up to $10,000 of loss. Guarantee limited to documentation custom generated by SafeStep and required by Medicare. Guarantee only applies to situations where liability is based solely on inadequate documentation. Other issues – such as medical necessity, improper code selection and over utilization – do not apply.