DME Supplier Number
If You Need a Medicare DME Supplier Number
- We can send you all the forms you need, MOSTLY FILLED OUT, at NO COST and NO OBLIGATION
- Required forms will be mailed to you once you have entered registration information.
- Call us at 866.712.7837 or write us at registration@SafeStep.net
Alternatively, Apply Online
The Internet-based Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (Internet-based PECOS) can be used in lieu of the Medicare enrollment application (i.e., paper CMS-855) to:
- Submit an initial Medicare enrollment application
- View or change your enrollment information
- Track your enrollment application through the web submission process
- Add or change a reassignment of benefits
- Submit changes to existing Medicare enrollment information
- Reactivate an existing enrollment record
- Withdraw from the Medicare Program
- Submit a Change of Ownership (CHOW) of the Medicare-enrolled provider
Advantages of Internet-based PECOS
- Faster than paper-based enrollment (45 day processing time in most cases, vs. 60 days for paper)
- Easy to check and update your information for accuracy
- Less staff time and administrative costs to complete and submit enrollment to Medicare
Log onto Internet-based PECOS with your NPPES User ID and password.
If You Already Have a DME Supplier Number
- We can electronically bill Medicare for you at NO ADDITIONAL COST to you.
- If SafeStep provides electronic billing, Medicare payments are sent directly to you, 2 – 3 weeks following fitting of shoes.
- If your Supplier number has expired, it is necessary for you to reactivate it by resubmitting the same SafeStep Supplier registration form. To check your activation status, you can call the National Supplier Clearinghouse, toll free at, 866.238.9652.
- Medicare requires DME suppliers to update information and pay a registration fee every three years. SafeStep will provide a reminder and send all required forms, FREE OF CHARGE.